Ottaway Dental care about the safety and welfare of our patients, staff, and families. Some of our patients whom are older or have compromised immunity are more vulnerable to COVID-19. Dental procedures can create an aerosol and spread covid through the premises. Our practice will be implementing the following from 2022.
- From January 2022 we will only be seeing patients that are double vaccinated and have proof of their vaccination. The exceptions will be children aged below 12 (they will need to be accompanied by a double vaccinated adult who will need proof of vaccination) and those with a valid medical exception and letter from the doctor.
- All patients will need to put on a mask before entering the practice.
- 1.5m social distancing rules will apply.
- Everyone entering the premises MUST use the Check in TAS app, or have staff check them in, and sanitise upon arrival.
- Only patients with appointments will be permitted to enter the practice, NO accompanying persons unless they are required for support. Then only ONE person. The accompanying person must also be double vaccinated and have proof of vaccination. Please no additional children if feasible.
- We will still see children under 12 who are not vaccinated, but they need to be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- We want to keep waiting times to a minimum, please help us with this by turning up for your appointment on time, not late or excessively early.
- Our courtyard will be open for patients to use as an additional waiting area, please check-in at reception then take a seat in the waiting room or our courtyard.
- If you are feeling unwell or have been to a Covid exposure site, please call us on (03) 6365 7140 and reschedule your appointment.
- If you are unvaccinated and have an existing appointment, Dr Ottaway and Dr Mansley will try and reschedule you to a special unvaccinated day. This appointment will require extra protective equipment from us and a negative rapid Covid test from the patient BEFORE entering the premises, stay in car or outside and we shall come to you and perform the test. Allow 30 minutes before appointment time. There will be additional extra costs associated with this.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation in these unprecedented times.